Thursday, January 14, 2021

Conclusion from me.

Labu sayong is one of the unique and special indigenous knowledge evolving from the old Malays. As mentioned, we should preserve and safeguard this knowledge as it reflects our national identity.  The greatest challenges to sustain its continuity is definitely to attract the public and increase youth awareness.

              I have learned about this knowledge and I hope as this craft industry continues to progress not just locally but on a national level, more people (especially Malaysian) will become aware and appreciate this heritage knowledge. With more exposure and sincerity in doing work, I am sure pottery makers can go out of their comfort zone and succeed.



As this research has ended, I sincerely would like to thank my lecturer, Madam Annizah for helping me a lot. Endless thanks to my friends as well as my saviour during this pandemic, Mr Google.

Most importantly, I would like to thank Cik Nor, an Adiguru Kraf that was willing to be interviewed virtually by me via Whatsapp. Despite the difficulties of using an online medium, he was very kind and determined to help me doing this research! Thank you so much Cik Nor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment